Metro 2033 redux

This is such a well known game that it doesn't seem necessary to review in detail so I'll just give some quick views.

The upgraded graphics are of course very good although I was much more impressed with the backgrounds than the character models. The sound and atmosphere was beautiful. It was enjoyable to have such different areas- the dark abandoned tunnels, stations teaming with activity and the eerie post- apocolyptic Moscow aboveground.




There are a fairly large number of weapons to choose and customise- from revolvers, shotguns, rifles, flamethrowers etc. You can also use grenades and throwing knives. I enjoyed fighting the human enemies where using stealth and headshots was common. Shooting charging hordes of mutants with shotguns was less fun.



I also preferred the parts where you were fighting with allies which made a change from all the time you spent alone. I wouldn't say it has been one of my favourite FPS games but I enjoyed it enough to play Last Light and look forward to seeing what the studio produces in the future.

Rating: 7/10
Normal price: $19.99
Value for money at $4.99(sale price) : 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend gaming

Alien Isolation Review